top of page
Image 1.png
foto principal.png
getnet-logo.png
GetNet is one of the major brands of credit card machines in Brazil.
In 2017, I was a Junior UX/UI Designer at NTConsult, and GetNet hired us to redesign their app.
They had an app focused on the client who owns a credit card machine, where they could see many informations, such as their balance, future payments and debts.
The app was visually outdated and had some navigation issues. They also requested that we developed an app focused on iOS and on focused on Android, instead of making an hybrid application.

The team for this project consisted on me as the UX/UI Designer, iOS developer, Android developers and a Product Owner.
So, here is what we did:
1. Market research and heuristics analysis
 Benchmark 
 Heuristics 
One of the hardest aspects of this project is that we had almost zero time to deliver it and no budget for research. Our starting point was to make a benchmark on competitors and some financial apps that could give us some ideas on how to improve the app experience. We also ran an heuristics analysis of the aplication to understand where were the main issues. Other than that we held casual talks with market owners nearby our company to understand the main struggles they had with the app.
With this small research and several conversations with the client, we chose the main four objectives that the new app needed to acomplish:
Group.png
Easy way to achieve the
daily cash accounting
Group-1.png
Anticipate cash that the client would get in the future
Group 1.png
Request services and new materials
Group 2.png
Visualize graphics in a simple way
2. Wireframing and prototyping
Once we had a clear view of what we had to make, we wireframed the whole new app in low-medium fidelity and made a prototype to show to the client. Time was a problem here too because we had between 2 - 3 days to wireframe a whole new concept for the app. We ended up achieving what we needed and had some few meetings approvals and adjustments with the client. 

One of the major changes in the aplication is that it used a hamburger menu with more than 10 different itens, and some would lead to the same or similar content. We completely redone the information archtecture of the aplication, turning this 10 itens into 6 itens, distributed between a navigation bar and profile to increase visualization for the user.

It was important that the client could change the store he was working on easily, because most of the clients would own more than one business - so we brought visibility to this also, making it the dominant information on the top of the app.
 Wireframe 
 Flow creation 
 Prototype 
Group 28.png
3. High fidelity design and style guide
 UI Design 
 Style guide 
 Assets delivery 
 Branding 
Eventualy we aproved the wireframes and changes with the client and we had to deliver the screens of the app in high fidelity for another session of approval and to begin the actual developing of the aplication. This also had the restraint of time and, since we were working with a huge company, all of our ideas for design had to be approved within the marketing departament as well.
 
In the end we were able to achieve all of the four main objectives of this new aplication:
 
Easy way to achieve the
daily cash accounting
This is the main information on the user home screen. We also allow him to navigate through a extract of all transactions and filter them to look for whatever payment he is investigating.
Anticipate cash that the client would get in the future
Through the home screen, the user has a tab where he can see all of his future credits and easily select them to anticipate.
Request services and new materials
On the navigation bar the user has a session called "services" where he not only can request materials and services but also check their delivery status.
Visualize graphics in a simple way
The user has a session on the navigation bar called "analysis" where he can graphics not only showing his growth but also comparing it with other similar business from the same area.
OT12YV1.png

What I learned from this project?

Honestly, this was a really difficult project for me back than because I had very little experience with UX and we had almost no time to finish the project, but I am so thankful that I had the chance to do this. Some of my main learnings are here:
Design approvals with clients can be really hard, specially if you are doing it with 10+ people on the meeting. You need to prepare REALLY well for this.
Good design takes time, but sometimes you simply don't have it. This can't stop you from doing a great job, so focus on one or two things that you CAN fix and that will actually improve the experience.

Having no budget for research is bad but you can always manage it: some research is better than no research. Desk research, heuristics, benchmarks and even testing some features with your colleague can help you a lot.
bottom of page